1-to-1 personalised physiotherapy done online, at home or on the go! Professional diagnosis, advice and exercise prescription available on just about any device.
Easy to access – just click one link. All from a secure, purpose built Coviu platform for smooth communication and privacy.
Education, exercise and self management strategies can be delivered via online consultation
It is a common misconception that physiotherapy is all about hands-on therapy. In fact it is always our goal to quickly transition our patients toward self management so that they can become empowered and in control of their physical health.
This is why remote, online video consultations can be a great option for patient’s who are not able to access our physical location or those who have a busy schedule and need the convenience of anywhere, anytime physiotherapy advice.
What are the key benefits of online physiotherapy?
Is Online Physiotherapy for me?
Online physiotherapy is perfect for you if you fit the following criteria:
- You have a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a video camera
- You have a valid email address
- You require ongoing education, advice and exercise progression but can’t make it to our physical location
- You are unable to make it to a physical consult due to a busy lifestyle but still need some things you can do to make progress on your physical wellbeing
- You would like guidance on your exercise technique and self treatment program
- You want to know what your problem is and whether it is important to have it assessed in further detail at our physical location
Do I need to be good with computers to use this service?
Not at all! Our video consultations are hosted by Coviu which is incredibly user friendly.
All you need to do is find the invitation to join the consultation in your valid email address. When you click the link it will take you to an easy payment gateway called Stripe.
Upon payment for the consultation you will be added to the video meeting with your physiotherapist.
Our friendly reception team and physiotherapists are happy to guide you further if you have any trouble. We are ready to answer your questions on (02) 4721 5567
Watch a video on how our Online Physiotherapy works
Can I claim Online Physiotherapy sessions under my private health fund?
Some health insurers are also offering telehealth services to their members, including:
- Bupa – Bupa offers telephonic health support for members with chronic conditions such as heart failure, heart disease, diabetes, back pain and lung conditions.
- Medibank Health Solutions – Medibank Health Solutions provides telephone and web-based health care services including telephone triage, health advice and referral, health coaching, mental health programs, chronic disease management and health call centre software.
- HCF – HCF has taken a 15% stake in telehealth start-up GP2U, which provides a remote medical consultation and prescription service in conjunction with Priceline and Terry White Chemists.
Please check with your specific provider to see if telehealth for physiotherapy is covered.
What about Medicare EPC and NDIS coverage?
NDIS accepts telehealth as a valid service which can be included in your physiotherapy management plan.
Currently Medicare does not cover physiotherapy under it’s telehealth scheme but this is currently being pursued closely by the Australian Physiotherapy Association in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Making an appointment for Online Physiotherapy
Making an appointment for Online Physiotherapy is easy!
- Just go to our Online Booking platform below or call 4721 5567
- Choose the following location depending on the physio you wish to see (don’t worry it will still be a completely online consultation)
- Lethbridge St – Allan Bourke, Emily Healey, Declan Price, Ann-Lise Domingue, Kajanaane (KJ) Arunasalam and Tom Roncome
- Barber Avenue – Robert Standen, Emily Standen, Jared Reyes and Megan Tomkins
- Scroll down to Online Video Consultation
- Choose either First Appointment or Follow Up Appointment
- Follow the prompts
After booking you will be sent an initial confirmation. Then later our reception team will send you the invitation for the Video Consultation.
When you join the consultation – payment will be requested prior to making contact with your physiotherapist.