WHAT CAN PHYSIOTHERAPY DO FOR PAEDIATRICS?
Our physiotherapist Emily Healey works with children of all ages to improve and optimise physical development and movement dysfunctions. These sessions focus on facilitating motor planning and learning through play, aiming to achieve family centred goals. Here at Penrith Physiotherapy Sports Centre, we use the latest assessment tools and provide realistic programs for children that are fun!
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Early intervention is key in enabling children to reach their full potential. Examples of how we can help include:
Gross motor developmental concerns
- Delayed development
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (uncoordinated children)
Gait or postural concerns
- Toe Walkers
- Pigeon Feet or in-toeing
- Duck feet or out-toeing
- Knock knees
- Bowed legs
In utero positioning problems
- Flat spots (plagiocephaly) or head turn preferences
- Positional talipes
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
Other Paediatric Needs
- Cystic Fibrosis and other respiratory conditions
- Weight management for children and adolescents
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- Children with disabilities or complex needs
- Growing pains and sporting injuries
If you are worried about your child’s development make an appointment with Emily Healey today.
Emily Healey is on the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s NSW Paediatric Committee.