Your hands are two of your most valuable assets. This intricate structure requires precise management from an experienced physiotherapist to achieve the best possible out treatment outcome.
Our Hand and Wrist team have additional training and incredible passion for managing injuries to this fascinating structure. Your hands are in good hands at Penrith Physiotherapy Sports Centre
Physiotherapy for hand and wrist conditions
This intricate and complex area of the body requires attention to detail. Our Hand and Wrist department can provide you with all the assessment and treatment techniques you require to get back into doing the things you love.
Some of the conditions we treat include: carpal tunnel syndrome, fractures, post-operative, nerve or tendon disorders, dequervains, osteoarthritis and much more.
Our approach is hands on, exercise focused and based on the latest physiotherapy research available.
What services and treatments do we offer?
- Application and removal of waterproof fiberglass casts
- Application of EXOS fracture brace
- Creation and fitting of custom made neoprene supports for thumb and wrist
- Creation of custom thermoplastic splints, both static and dynamic
- Nerve desensitisation techniques including vibration, immersion and tapping
- Work-place or ergonomic modifications
- Exercise therapy, including stretches, strengthening and proprioceptive exercises
- Education and advice on activities of daily living
- Arthritis management
- Physiotherapy mobilisation techniques
- Application of plaster back-slabs
- Scar management
- Serial casting for joint contracture
- Sports taping for thumb, fingers and wrist
Our Hands Team
With over 10 years of experience as a physiotherapist – Ann-Lise has an incredible attention to detail. She has additional training in wound care management and splinting for hands. Her approach is hands on, exercise focused and she has exceptional skills in fabrication of splints and casts.
Kajanaane (KJ) Arunasalam
KJ works in both the Nepean Private Hospital and in the clinic, making her a perfect choice for post-operative care. Her approach explores your entire upper limb and postural function and it’s effect on hand function. KJ can build amazing splints and casts and is very methodical in her craft.
Making a booking
To make a general booking for hands – use the Online Booking platform below. You can choose any location – then choose First Appointment – Standard with Ann-Lise or KJ.
For splinting and casting – please contact us on (02) 4721 5567